Monday, February 23, 2009

Breakfast fit for the Queen....

Uh.....And that would be ME! Hubby yelled out from the kitchen...."You want oatmeal?". I had to think about it for a second. I am not a big oatmeal fan. Or should I say, I haven't been a big oatmeal fan in the past. I have learned to actually love my oatmeal these days. I made some major eating lifesyle changes a little over a year ago. I call it that because it is not really a "diet". I lost about 15 pounds last year due to those changes and now feel so much better! Back to oatmeal. It's so good for you , right?? So, I found if you add dried fruit (raisins or blueberries or cherries) and some nuts (walnuts or pecans) and a healthy sweetner (agave, honey or good old maple syrup) in moderation and then splash a little organic half-n-half on top, you have breakfast fit for a Queen!! (and all your little prince and princesses). Especially if you put it in a vintage lustre ware dish and use the vintage silver your grandma gave you for a wedding present. Don't forget to put your orange juice in the fabulous glass you found at the Goodwill! Just think about it..........plain oatmeal in a plastic bowl.... or a Royal Breakfast! And my wonderful Middle Earth Maiden Princess Daughter made crepes' on Saturday fit for the Queen of France! Yes, she did serve them on vintage melamine, but when you are eating "Crepes' Bananas Foster", you are not really paying too much attention to what they are being served on. You go Princess Arwen. I just knew it was a good idea for her to take culinery arts at school! Hope all your breakfasts are just as tasty and pretty! Blessings- LillySue

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Satta king Play Bazaar Utilizing online life showcasing techniques can be an extraordinary method to stay in touch with your client base, and create connections. Clients that companion you on Facebook, or tail you on Twitter do so energetically. They need to get notification from you. You can in this way tell them of new up and coming items, deals and limits, or even just data concerning your business and industry without the dread of being excessively meddling.