Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Wonderful Shop: "Paddington Station"

A couple of weeks ago, we took a Spring Break trip down to Ashland, Oregon. While there, we were able to visit one of our most favorite shops of all time...Paddington Station, owned by Don and Pam Hammond. We discovered this shop on a previous visit to Ashland and had been looking forward to returning ever since. They have a great mix of all our favorite things.

This is Stefanie (on the left) and me. She works there and is super sweet and helpful!! She even kept the store open later when we got there just before it closed. We got into town late and didn't expect to find anything open. She has one of my "Dream" jobs...On her card, under her name it says....

Toy Buyer
How cool of a job would that be!!

Of course they were all decked out for Easter....Check out all the bunnies and chicks.
Oh...There's Frodo Too!


See the "EASTER" banner around the edge of the table?
I think you can click on any of the pictures to make them bigger. Sorry for the picture quality, I was using a camera I was not familiar with and tried to do my best.


Here I am trying on aprons upstairs in the kitchen dept.
LOOK at all those CUTE aprons, gals!


This is looking down from the top of the stairs


This is the view from the balcony. Yes, they have jewelry, nic~nacs, signs, baby stuff, garden goodies, kitchen gadgets, figurines, etc.......


Another shot of the kitchen dept. LOTS of potholders, mugs, dish towels, bags etc..
They also had CUPCAKE stuff, Wooohooo!!



If you are ever in Ashland, Oregon... on I~5 down by the California line...Make sure you pop in to
125 East Main Street
And tell them LillySue at "A Peace of Bliss" sent you!

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness! It's wonderful! If I went, they would have trouble getting me to leave. I'd want to look at EVERYTHING! So cute.

Sonia said...

That place look like my dream shop!! Everything looks wonderful. I'd be in trouble if I go there!!

Michelle said...

Hi Lily Sue! Thanks for stopping by my place. :) Oh I cannot believe I have not been to Ashland yet! I've lived in Oregon for over 10 years and I just know I would enjoy Ashland. That store is so adorable and I can't believe all those aprons! I would be in Heaven. :) Hmmm...I think maybe this summer a friend and I shall make it down. :)

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I've been there. I love Ashland, but it's been quite a while since my last visit. You make me want to get in my car and head North!

chinamommy said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! don't you love June of bye bye pie? she's a hoot! another blog you might enjoy (besides mine:)!!) is eyecandycreations!! she's listed on my blog- check her out for some gorgeous pics!
come back again!!
~misschell (PS: i sell mixed media cupcakes on etsy under the name chinamommy)

http://chinamommy04.blogspot.com/

Coleen said...

what a fun store...and you look too dang cute in your piggy tails!!!

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

Anya said...

Really nice story and very nice pictures :))))

Anne Marie said...

Awesome! YOU my dear- are TOO CUTE!! you look like a vintage postcard with that apron on...all you need is a pie in your hand ;)

great time! And your son looked happy to be there too ;)

DID YOU GET IT YET?? if not tomorrow- something went awall....

sparkled*life said...

WOW WOW double WOW I wish that we had that store here in my home town! So stinking cute! I loved it all from the aprons to the cute setup of the whole place! I bet you got all kinds of cute stuff and ideas!

delighted heart said...

Ditto Crystal!!! What a cute shop! Thanks for sharing. have a great weekend!
Blessings!
Patti

Unknown said...

Satta king Play Bazaar On the off chance that you are one of the numerous individuals that is keen via web-based networking media advertising at that point look no further. This article contains the data you're going to need to figure out how to make sense of what it is you ought to do to increase internet based life advertising achievement and to arrive at your objectives.